Take a road trip with a difference through eastern Europe. Set during the fall of communism this unique driving simulator takes you on the open road in a fictional Laika 601 Deluxe reminiscent of the much-maligned East German “Trabbie”. Jalopy is still in the Early Access programme although new territories have been added in recent months including Hungary Yugoslavia and Bulgaria which make this simulator truly expansive.
With each new territory developer Greg Pryjmachuk has added subtleties that make you feel like you’re in a different country look out for different branding on products and different types of food. Greg was part of the development team for the F1 franchise but this new project is a far cry from the high-performance vehicles on the Grand Prix circuit. You will need to lavish love and care as well as your precious marks to complete this ambitious and memorable journey.
Territories: Yugoslavia Hungary Bulgaria and Turkey.
- Various road conditions oil spillages and pot holes are just some of the new environmental details which add to Jalopy’s realism
- An entirely new tyre system added – players can now better prepare for their trips with off-road tyres and wet weather tyres affecting grip levels
- New music from musician Jeremy Warmsley which can be played on the car radio
- Authentic license plates
- Currently enjoying 83% positive reviews on Steam
- New odometer keeps track of the miles you have travelled
- New spray paints available from the Laika dealership to customise both inside and outside of your car
- Car manual has been overhauled to improve functionality – check the weight limit of your car to improve your Laika’s performance
- Scavenging game mechanic has been expanded so that abandoned card spawn more dynamically so eagle-eyed drivers such as yourself can be the first to spot valuable parts
- New scrapyards added to selected routes – search for spare parts if you can crack the gate
- Games menu remembers saved game and creates a background matching the new area to explore and remind you where you are on your journey
- Listen to new tracks from musician Jeremy Warmsley on the radio or select from the playlist
About the developer
Greg Pryjmachuk was a key member of the F1 franchise development team from 2009-2014. Minksworks is the name of Greg Pryjmachuk’s development house. He was a game developer on the Formula 1 franchise from 2009 through to Formula 1 2014.
In late 2014 Greg began work on a new driving game which is set during the fall of the Eastern bloc. Greg maintains a regular devlog for Jalopy tracking weekly hours in game development. Please visit Greg's blog.com to keep up to date with the progress of this unique driving simulator.
You must be over 18 years to purchase any edged collectable from us. Please be aware of your compliance with local and state laws to legally purchase swords, knives, axes etc. We will not be responsible for any consequences of non-compliance. Please check out our full legals and usage policies
We are happy to extend a 30 day money back return policy on all our products. If you are not totally satisfied with your item you need only to send them back to us for a full refund, exchange or credit. Buyer is responsible to pay all the postage charges to return item(s). All goods to be returned or exchanged must always be kept in the original packaging and in original condition. Shipping costs are non-refundable. See our full returns policy here